Bedlam’s Hiring! Venue Production Manager
Bedlam Theatre seeks a Venue Production Manager for Bedlam’s new Lowertown St. Paul social theater club venue. This long-term position will reinforce organizational efficiency and creativity during an exciting time of transition and growth in the theatre’s history and support Bedlam Lowertown as a central nexus for artists, audience and community.
Duties: The Venue Production Manager will be the logistical anchor of Bedlam’s new Lowertown Venue for artists utilizing the space to facilitate the expected bustling mix of activity. The Venue Production Manager will interact with a curatorial team of Bedlam directors, associate artists and producers. Specific duties may include:
* calendar management for all shows, events, and other uses,
* manage contracts, following up on payments, and allocations for performers and presenters
* field incoming requests for space usage,
* connect pre-approved uses to appropriate calendar slots,
* direct curatorial requests to the appropriate director/curator,
* help book events, activities, and performances in the Bedlam Community Design Center (BCDC, our shop, rehearsal space and office in Minneapolis),
* coordinate with staff, artists, contractors to ensure all activities are fully supported,
* maintain immediately relevant documents in active and accessible files,
* sorting and preserving documents in accordance with retention policies and best practices,
* and sweet, sweet other duties as they arise!
Requirements: Our office and support staff must be highly organized, detail oriented, and comfortable working within a growing organization in transition. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must. Applicants must have proven success in an office or venue environment and familiarity with administrative systems and software (Microsoft Office, WordPress or similar, Constant Contact, Google Docs). The ideal candidate will have a collaborative leadership/partnership personality with interest and experience working in the arts and arts-based community development.
Reporting Structure: The Venue Production Manager reports to Bedlam’s General Manager and Chief Artistic Officer.
Hours & Compensation: 20-30hrs/wk with project-based full time peaks, growth potential to full time, salaried. Pay based on experience.
Application Deadline: October 15,2012
Applicants should submit cover letter, resume, and any other supplementary materials deemed necessary via email to email@example.com