Bedlam’s Hiring! Office Specialist
The application window has now closed for this position. Thank you for your interest, and stay tuned for more positions!
Bedlam Theatre seeks Office Specialist//Financial Tracking for strategic office support in order to encourage organizational efficiency and creativity during an exciting time of transition and growth in the theatre’s history. This long term position supports efforts to improve Bedlam’s filing, tracking, and sorting systems in the administrative offices of the Bedlam Community Design Center. We are creating a forward-thinking, creatively engaged and radically inspired culture around strategic planning and fundraising that will guarantee the success of our goals to inhabit a permanent live performance space and social hub. Bedlam Theatre’s Office Specialist will collaborate with key staff in order to create systems that will facilitate this important work with the goals to:
* maintain up to date and accurate financial accounts
* identify and organize materials that are or have been critical to * Bedlam’s success,
* maintain immediately relevant documents in active and accessible files,
Duties: The Office Specialist will assist key staff in administrative duties primarily related to data entry, receiving phone calls, email and mail, archiving and filing.
Specific duties may include:
* day to day financial processing, including Accounts Receivable, * * Accounts Payable
* correspondence relevant to administrative procedure,
* sorting and preserving documents in accordance with retention policies and best practices,
* assistance with development controls including filing, tracking, and planning processes,
* online and physical filing, database maintenance,
* other administrative roles based on passion and experience,
* office supply orders,
* and sweet, sweet other duties as they arise!
Requirements: Our office support must be highly organized, detail oriented, a double checker and comfortable working within a growing organization in transition. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must. Applicants must have proven success in an office environment and familiarity with administrative systems and software (Quickbooks or similar, MS Office, Access, Google Docs). The ideal candidate will have a collaborative leadership/partnership personality with interest and experience working in the arts and/or arts administration, nonprofit fundraising, and arts-based community development.
Reporting Structure: The Office Specialist reports to Bedlam’s General Manager and Executive Multi-Tool/Development Director. Additional training and potential ongoing support from our Management consultant.
Application Deadline: September 15, 2012
Applicants should submit cover letter, resume, and any other supplementary materials deemed necessary via email to firstname.lastname@example.org